I am a highly motivated, client-focused attorney with over one hundred (100) felony jury trials in both State and Federal Court, including 15 murder trials. I have represented clients in administrative, pre-trial and appellate proceedings before city, state, and federal court agencies and boards. I have briefed and presented oral arguments before the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, as well as briefed before the Indiana Court of Appeals. I am qualified under Indiana Criminal Rule 24 to sit as lead counsel in a Death Penalty case.
I've sat second chair in a death penalty case in Lake County IN in State of Indiana v. David Maust 45GO2-0312-MR-00010. I acted as Lead Counsel in a Life Without Parole case in Lake County, IN in State of Indiana v. Arthur Green 45GO2-0903-MR-00002.
PROFESSIONAL AND BUSINESS AFFILIATIONS
- Lake County Bar Association
- Co-Chairman of the Criminal Defense Section 2010-2016
CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION
- Northern District of Indiana Local Rules Committee, 2014-Present
- Hammond CJA Panel Selection Committee Member, 2014-Present
- “Preparing a Client for Sentencing Hearing in Both State and Federal Court”-Presenter Northwest Indiana Lawyers Volunteers Bench and Bar, July 2015
- “Plea Agreements in State and Federal Court”-Presenter, Northwest Indiana Lawyers Volunteers Bench and Bar, July 2011