Attorney Tavitas In the News
- A nurse accused of stealing vials of the synthetic opioid drug fentanyl while working at Porter Regional Hospital pleaded guilty during her initial hearing Monday in return for her multiple felony counts being reduced to a single misdemeanor.
- Client plead guilty to embezzlement charges and received a prison term on the lower end of the sentencing range due to his apologetic plea and commitment to counseling.
- Attorney Tavitas argued for his client in Federal Court and client received a prison term at the low end of the sentencing range.
Chesterton Man Sentenced to 11 Years on Child Porn Charge, Chicago Tribune
Attorney Tavitas argued for the client's good behavior and the client plead guilty to receive a shorter prison sentence. Attorney Tavitas was able to get his client down to an 11 year sentence rather than the federally recommended 17.5 years.
- Attorney Tavitas represented a client who was charged with murder and federal drug crimes. Client was found Not Guilty on more significant charge of murder.
The Runaway Doctor, Vanity Fair
- Attorney Tavitas negotiated a favorable plea deal for a client. The client requested a new lawyer to extend his trial. The new lawyer pled the client to a single count and he ended up getting almost double the amount of time in jail that Attorney Tavitas had originally negotiated.
Man Gets 6 Years in Whiting Homicide, NWI Times
- Attorney Tavitas convinced jury that his client was not acting in murderous intent but with reckless regard. Attorney Tavitas's client received 6 years in prison while the maximum penalty could have been 65 years.